Your only relief on this rock.
Imagine this: you're on a remote science outpost where all the rooms are buried in asteroids connected together primarily by catwalks and prayers. Your only source of food are Discount Dan's "snacks" in the storage room and, if you're not too squeamish, organs harvested from monkeys. The two stations closest to you are abandoned derelicts only slightly more habitable than your miserable rock, and the nearest inhabited station, way down south, is only accessible by Space Pod, or, if you're brave, spacewalking.
Where do you go to the bathroom?
Well, here apparently, in this Research Restroom, right of the Research Sector Construction Area on the east side of the Testing Asteroid. There aren't any privacy walls separating the toilets (NanoTrasen ran out of money for it while making the floor), so please exercise discretion when they are multiple people in this restroom. Same for whatever unfortunate bastard decides to use the shower here, which, by the way, has a drain on the other side of the room. Don't forget to wash your hands with cooler water on the way out; there's no sink here.
There is no vent. Not that it'd help you escape from this place.
The APC for this area is in the top left of the room, near...the showerhead. Which is close to some insulated, but still exposed wire. Good thing electricity and water don't mix in this game.
Where SCIENCE! never rests.
SCIENCE! never rests, but sometimes the men and women of SCIENCE! on the NSS Manta do, and they do so in the Research Restroom in the middle of Research. It's split into two rooms, both of which are restrooms in their own different ways.
The lower room with white tiles is a restroom in the sense that it's a bathroom, complete with a bathtub, shower, sponge, sink, and toilet. No privacy walls, doors, or shutters here though, so if there's another person in here with you, look away or close your eyes, ya perv.
The upper room with the red carpeting is a restroom because it's a break area/lounge, i.e. it's a room to rest in. There's a further layer of wordplay, because this area can fit all sorts of breaks:
- If you need a coffee/water break, you can enjoy some hot drinks from the coffee machine or coffeemaker or sip some water from the cooler.
- If you need a snack break, you can try to eat some snacks and Discount Dan's food items from the snack machine.
- If you need a break from your old uniform, you can get a new one from the uniform locker here.
- If you want to finish some reports or send some emails before the boss gives you a "permanent break", there's a closet of office supplies and a PC here too.
- If you just want a place to sit and rest your feet before they break, there's plenty of office chairs available. They're quite fun to mess around in.
There is no vent. It doesn't rest.
The APC for this area is on the right wall of the red-carpeted area, near the purple coffeemaker.