Monkeys are most commonly found as NPCs aboard the station, most of which reside in genetics pen and (oddly enough) vending machines in chemistry and the kitchen, but they can be controlled by players. They used to show up in the game mode bearing their namesake, where they were viral in nature and existed to infect humans. This game mode was
sadly discontinued because it was shit. It is possible to become a monkey through genetic alteration, by signing up as a test subject, through the abilities of the changeling, the whims of admins, and rare allergic reactions.
Being a Monkey
Being small and hairy is not all fun and games. These are some things to keep in mind:
- Monkeys can understand humans just fine, but the same can't be said for their speech. Your primary means of communication will likely be paper and PDA messages(with Genetics help, the Telepathy and Monkeyspeak mutations can aid in this manner, if you want people to understand you for some reason).
- Even though it is a jerk move to attack other players without an excuse, monkeys are usually considered fair game. Since monkeys are frequently a changeling in disguise, people are likely to attack them on sight.
- Likewise, synthetics don't include monkeys in their definition of "human" in the default lawset. A malicious AI or cyborg may decide to ruin your day. Having a machine translator can have you make the AI and/or borgs act as translators, and likely make them a teeny tiny bit less hostile towards you (hopefully).
Abilities and Restrictions
- Have two hands and can use the same items humans can
- Can move over tables and racks unimpeded, and hide under tables as well as beds by clicking on them with a free hand. Once enabled, your mob will appear underneath some other objects like clothing and chairs, too.
- Can use the mail system as a means of transportation.
- Monkeys tend to be hard to hit due to their smaller sprite and ability to move over or under tables.
- Can wear the same jump- and exosuits as humans, although many sprites don't fit monkeys particularly well.
- It is important that you acquire footwear. Without a pair of shoes, exposure to cold will quickly chill monkeys to the slowest movement speed.
- Last but not least, a superb selection of fart messages. A true monkeys will only communicate through farts and rude gestures.
|Name||Location (Cog1)||Location (Cog2)||Location (Destiny)||Location (Clarion)||Location (Oshan)|
|Mrs. Muggles||Warehouse||Central Storage||Port Crew Lounge||Outside Head Quarters||Supply Depot|
|Mr. Rathen||Engine||Engine||Engine||Engine||Power Room|
|Von Braun||Syndicate shuttle||Syndicate shuttle||Syndicate shuttle||Syndicate shuttle||Syndicate shuttle|
Barrel of Monkeys
"More fun than a ValuChimp!"
Traitor Staff Assistants, Geneticists, and Test Subjects can order a few special monkeys through the barrel of monkeys item. They spawn inside a "mysterious barrel", and when the corresponding signaller is activated, 5-6 angry bandanna-wearing monkeys will pop out.
These monkeys don't monkey around. If they see a toolbox, extinguisher, or other melee weapon, they'll pick it up and try to beat/stab you with it. If they find a knife or fork, they'll chuck it at you with alarming accuracy. They won't hesitate to take a gun and shoot you with it, even if it's actually a bad idea.
And that's only the base Robust AI. Thanks to their upgraded AI, they'll throw items more often, so you can expect plenty of utensils and air tanks achieving flight and coming your way. More importantly, and far worse, unlike their non-barrel-brethren, they keep on attacking you even when you're in critical condition, and they'll try to fight everyone they see who isn't their deployer, even if they're just looking at them funny.
|Jobs on Space Station 13|
Staff Assistant - Chef - Barman - Chaplain - Janitor - Botanist - Clown - Job of the Day - Gimmick jobs
Engineer - Mechanic - Miner - Quartermaster
| Medical & Research:|
Medical Doctor - Geneticist - Roboticist - Scientist
| Command & Security:|
Security Officer - Detective - Chief Engineer - Medical Director - Research Director - Head of Security - Head of Personnel - Captain
| Antagonist Roles:|
Changeling - Nuclear Operative - Traitor - Wizard - Vampire - Wraith - Blob - Werewolf - Predator - Grinch - Krampus
Gang Member - Revolutionary - Spy Thief - Flockmind - Gimmick antagonist roles
| Special Roles:|
Artificial Intelligence - Cluwne - Critter - Cyborg - Ghost - Ghostdrone - Monkey - Santa Claus