Despite playing a similar role, the modern-day Krampus is less a demonic abductor and more of a festive but mischievous cube of meat, hellbent on punishing the crew for its lack of Spacemas spirit. Though it possesses no appendages whatsoever, it does possess an incredible resilience to most forms of heat and physical trauma, in addition to being nigh-immovable. However, as with all meatcubes, it is incredibly vulnerable to welding tools, liable to become strangely delicious cube steak slices under application of a welder.
Krampus's spawn conditions are somewhat similar to random event antagonist spawns. The moment Spacemas/Christmas Cheer dips to 10% or below, all ghosts who have with Other Antagonists left open will hear a loud klaxon and receive a prompt asking if they want to become Krampus. After around two minutes, one of these players is selected, and they spawn in Arrivals as Krampus.
Despite the unique sprite, Krampus is not too different from the other meatcubes created by mad chemistry or trash compactors. It is quite limited. It cannot speak; everything its says comes out as horrific screaming (though it does get...interesting emotes). Poison, toolboxes to the face (?), plasma fires, extreme cold, extreme heat, lack of oxygen--very few things can damage a Krampus. Krampus, itself, however can do fairly little physical damage. After all, it doesn't have any limbs, so it is incapable of piloting Space Pods or picking up weapons or other items, though it is very capable of pulling. At most, it can disarm and shove people down (mechanically, Krampus's "attack" is treated like a punch on Disarm intent).
But the most dreaded, the most loathed, the most dangerous trait of Krampus is the simple fact that is virtually impassible. Once it occupies some tile, it's impossible to push or pull it out of that tile, especially if that tile is a narrow, one-tile doorway/hallway. Worse yet, Krampus is also virtually unstunnable. Krampus is essentially the logical extreme of the Stone Wall: virtually immovable, with very little offense and obscenely high defense (in fact, the first iterations of Krampus were codewise treated as moving walls rather than actual mobs in their own right).
Nigh-invulnerability and immovability would make any other Antagonist green with envy for this red-and-white monstrosity, though they might pass at the limitations and incapability. Despite its villainous nature and mission to punish crew members for their wickedness, it has been observed to do things that are more nice than naughty:
- Dragging medical supplies towards people.
- Volunteering as a punching bag (?) for the underdog wrestler.
- Professing their love for shotguns/revolvers/derringers, standing in front of those wielding them to admire their firing patterns.
- Offering their services as Vampire/Changeling dietician, cutting down on
victimssnack intake by dragging them away.
- Playing impromptu fireman, dragging people away from a fire.
- Hugging far more dangerous Critters such as zombies and space bears, much to both the jealousy and relief of crew members.
- Chatting with the crusher.
- Dragging people into maintenance during a blowout.
At the end of the day, Krampus is just a regular ol' meatcube with a funny hat and not so regular meanstreak. In fact, Krampus has even more weaknesses than a standard meatcube:
- Welders: Like an actual, non-living wall, a few hits with a welder will easy turn this naughty meat cube into nice slices of cube steak.
- Space: Krampus is so heavy it violates inertia. Should Krampus ever dare to venture beyond any space tile not bordering some sort of solid surface (e.g. a catwalk, a floor tile), it will be completely immobile, unable to squirm to safety or throw an object for momentum.
- Chairs: Hilariously enough, you can buckle Krampus to a chair just like you can with yourself or anyone else, by click-dragging its sprite onto a chair. Because Krampus has no appendages to unbuckle itself, it will be essentially helpless.
- Santas: Santa Claus can instantly banish Krampus with the appropriately-named Banish Krampus ability. In theory, Krampus could come back, but that's impossible with this jolly burglar around, spewing presents, healing people with the power of Christmas, and just generally keeping Spacemas/Christmas Spirit high.
|Jobs on Space Station 13|
Staff Assistant - Chef - Barman - Chaplain - Janitor - Botanist - Clown - Job of the Day - Gimmick jobs
Engineer - Mechanic - Miner - Quartermaster
| Medical & Research:|
Medical Doctor - Geneticist - Roboticist - Scientist
| Command & Security:|
Security Officer - Detective - Chief Engineer - Medical Director - Research Director - Head of Security - Head of Personnel - Captain
| Antagonist Roles:|
Changeling - Nuclear Operative - Traitor - Wizard - Vampire - Wraith - Blob - Werewolf - Predator - Grinch - Krampus
Gang Member - Revolutionary - Spy Thief - Flockmind - Gimmick antagonist roles
| Special Roles:|
Artificial Intelligence - Cluwne - Critter - Cyborg - Ghost - Ghostdrone - Monkey - Santa Claus