All crewmembers begin with a PDA, loaded with special tools and programs depending on what your starting assignment is. PDAs can be bought from CartyParty vending machines. Certain jobs may find their PDA more useful than others. Traitors generally acquire their gear with their PDA.
After an ID card has been inserted, PDAs can be worn in the ID slot to free up inventory space.
- Notekeeper: Allows you to make text notes and save them. On an unlocked Syndicate PDA, this will instead bring up a list of available items to purchase.
- Messenger: Scan for other PDAs and send them text messages, set custom ringtones, or look at your past messages. If your PDA is in your belt, pocket, or lapel, you can see what incoming messages are in the chat window and directly reply without having to pull out the PDA. By default the PDA is set to Messaging On; turning it Off will not allow you to send or receive texts but will also prevent you from being the victim of a Detomatrix missile.
- File Browser: Browse files in the PDAs internal drive or on the inserted cartridge. Job specific programs are loaded on the cartridge. Programs can also be deleted or moved about as memory permits.
- Atmospheric Analyzer: Shows the composition of gas in the area around you.
- Flashlight: Activates the PDA's module, typically a flashlight.
- Crisis Alert: Allows you to send an emergency call along with your current position to all medical, engineering or security PDAs.
- Supply Request: Order supplies on the go. Don't expect QMs to actually deliver them if there isn't a cargo pad, belt hell dock or MULE beacon nearby.
- Robustris: A program in the internal drive of all PDAs. A game coded while under the influence of space drugs. If you manage to beat it all the secrets of 2D SpaceMan game will be revealed.
Most PDAs have special scanners which allow them to act as a certain scanner you would normally use.
- The PDA of a Cyborg, Captain, HoS, RD, MD, Detective, Medical Doctor, Roboticist, Geneticist, or Engineer can be used as a Health Analyzer.
- The PDA of a Cyborg, RD, MD, Security Officer, Detective, Medical Doctor, Roboticist, Geneticist, or Scientist can be used as a Reagent Analyzer, showing the composition of gases in a container or chemicals in a container/person.
- The PDA of a Captain, HoS, HoP, CE, Security Officer, or Detective can be used as a Forensic Scanner.
- A Botanist's PDA can be used as a Plant Analyzer.
Some PDAs are capable of switching between different types of scanners. Selecting the appropriate file from the cartridge will change the scanner.
PDAs have modules which can be changed by using a screwdriver and a crowbar on it. Most PDAs start with a flashlight module.
High-power flashlight modules can be purchased from CartyParty vending machines.
An asterisk (*) indicates that the cartridge is available for purchase from CartyParty vending machines. Some of them are only available if you hack the vendor.
Starting Cartridges and programs
|Cartridge||Starts with||Ticket Master||Supply records||Security records||Medical records||Forensic scan||Health scan||Reagent scan||Securitron access||Signalix 5||Other programs|
|AI Internal PDA Cart||AI||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||Manifest, AtmosAlerter, Port-a-Brig Remote, Port-a-Sci Remote, Port-a-Nanomed Remote, P-Medbay Remote, MULE Bot Control, Ping Tool, Packet Sniffer, Packet Sender, Power Checker 0.14|
|Cyborg Internal PDA Cart||Cyborg||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||Manifest, AtmosAlerter, MULE Bot Control, Ping Tool, Packet Sniffer, Packet Sender, Power Checker 0.14|
|Value-PAK Cart||Captain||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||Manifest, Station Namer|
|R.O.B.U.S.T.E.R.||Head of Security||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||Manifest, Port-a-Brig Remote|
|Easy-Record DELUXE*||Head of Personnel||✓||✓||✓||✓||Manifest|
|Easy-Record DELUXE*||Chief Engineer||✓||✓||✓||✓||Manifest, Power Checker 0.14|
|SciMaster Cart||Research Director||✓||✓||✓||Manifest, Port-a-Sci Remote|
|Med-Master||Medical Director||✓||✓||✓||Manifest, Port-a-Nanomed Remote, P-Medbay Remote|
|R.O.B.U.S.T.*||Security Officer||✓||✓||✓||✓||Port-a-Brig Remote|
|Forensic Analysis Cart||Detective||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||✓||Packet Sniffer|
|Med-U Cart*||Medical Doctor, Roboticist||✓||✓||✓||Port-a-NanoMed Remote, P-Medbay Remote|
|Deoxyribonucleic Amigo Cart*||Geneticist||✓||✓||✓|
|Signal ACE 2*||Scientist||✓||✓|
|Engine-buddy Atmospherics Cart*||Engineer||✓||✓||AtmosAlerter, Power Checker 0.14|
|Space Parts & Space Vendors Cart*||Quartermaster||✓||MULE Bot Control|
|Analysis Made Easy Cart*||Mechanic||Device Analyser, Ping Tool, Packet Sniffer, Packet Sender|
|Farmer Melons Scancart v2*||Botanist||Plant Scan, Botanist's Handbook|
|CustodiPRO Cart*||Janitor||Mop Locator, Arcade 250|
|Honkworks 5.0*||Clown||Arcade 250, Honk Synthesizer|
Available in Tech Storage. Allows user to see atmospheric alerts.
Available to traitors. Contains BOMB and MISSILE program with instructional readme file.
Network Diagnostics Cart*
Available from Tech Storage, spare PDA boxes and CartyParty vending machines. Used for PDA and signal hacking.
- Ping Tool: Lets you find the ID of devices on a certain frequency, within a certain range. The default frequency is 114.9, which is helpfully the same frequency PDAs operate on.
- Packet Sniffer: Lets you intercept any packets within range on a certain frequency. You can message someone to make them reply to you and then inspect the packet.
- Packet Sender: Lets you construct and send packets to various devices. Use the information gleaned from the sniffer to construct these.
See: Advanced Guide to ThinkDOS for more about signal hacking.
|Objects and Items|
| Equipment by Department:|
General Objects - Engineering Objects - Mining Equipment - Security Objects - Medical Objects - Science Objects
Pods - Computers - PDAs - Implants - Vehicles
Plants & Hydro Equipment - Foods & Drinks
Syndicate Items - Guns - Grenades - Bombs