Cogmap 1 is the main map used by LLJK2, alongside Cogmap2. For a time, it was the sole map run on Goonstation servers, after Mushroom Station was retired and before Cogmap2 was introduced. It was retired in December 2015 and was reintroduced in April 2017 to better accommodate low to medium size server populations. This station was designed primarily by Dr. Cogwerks.
March 1st, 2013 - December 12th, 2015
April 6th, 2017 - Present
Cogmap 1 is the first station to:
- have space pods and hangars.
- move the AI back onto the main station.
- power the station with a thermoelectric generator.
- hire the Medical Director and see the return of several gimmick jobs.
- feature werewolves, wraiths and player-controlled blobs.
- have miscreants and freeform traitor objectives with looser goals.
- allow the construction of light cyborgs.
- have a completely rebuild chemistry system. Many recipes were changed to be more realistic and became available to the public, such as by checking this very wiki!
- overhaul the health mechanics from the ground up, including the addition of dismemberment, stamina and a blood system.
- revise superpowers and genetic research in general.
- come with an arc smelter, allowing players to craft items made of custom alloys.
- introduce quality levels for critters, food and ore.
- feature of large variety of telescience areas along with various NPC traders on other Z-levels.
Cogmap 1, before its makeover, was the last station to:
- use the old perspective walls, windows and doors, before getting its own graphical revamp.