This station doesn't really have an Engineering Storage room, but the functions of it have basically been taken on by Emergency Storage A.
Primary Tool Storage houses the engineers' primary stash of firefighting and hull breach repair supplies. It gets emptied pretty often, especially during hellburns, which have a dangerous tendency to escalate into plasma fires when someone doesn't deconstruct the floor in the right places. Even when Engineering isn't a towering inferno, it's still hotter than the sun even in the cold loops, so they usually take firesuits anyways, maybe a few firefighting grenades too.
Besides firesuits and firefighting grenades, there are plenty of other useful things:
- Sheets of glass and metals, regular and reinforced.
- Metal foam grenades.
- A tank dispenser
- Lots and lots of fire extinguishers, with a firefighting foam tank.
- Plenty of wires, in cable coil boxes and electrical toolboxes.
- Pairs of the ever-coveted insulated gloves.
- A shower, which unfortunately will not put fires.
There is no vent.
The APC for this room is in the northern wall.
The NSS Clarion doesn't have a dedicated Engineering Storage room, but there's plenty of Engineering supplies scattered throughout the maintenance tunnel above Engineering, the Engineering Control Room, and the cargo warehouse nearby.
Engineering Equipment Room is a place in Engineering (duh) for storing things that are apparently useful for people who bend spacetime to create singularities and repair stations for a living, such as:
- A tank dispenser, with with plenty of plasma and oxygen tanks.
- A few pairs of insulated gloves.
- Some Class II Radiation hoods and helmets, even though they probably won't handle anything above Class I. Sure makes them feel safe though.
- Pairs of magboots, so they can resist the singularity's attractions.
- Engineer's equipment lockers, containing, among other things, toolbelts and meson goggles.
- Plenty of fire extinguishers and a tank of firefighting foam.
- Sheets of glass and metal.
- Loads and loads of wire.
There is no vent. Guess it's redundant when you have a big black hole where you work.
The APC for this area is near the sole entrance into this place.
Home of the letter E.
Welcome to the Engineering Tool Storage! We have lots of things that have the letter E in this section of Engineering, for all the Engineers (and Miners who may pass by here to get to their department) to use, like:
Engineering Storage is not, as the chucklenuts who like to make jokes about ambiguous syntax would want you to believe, a storage room for a "Engineering", but a storage room in the western parts of Engineering for storing various items that apparently useful to people who create black holes to keep the lights on, like:
- Emergency glowsticks. For lighting in emergencies, though they can be used for lighting up emergencies. Or before emergencies. Or during emergencies. Or after emergencies (which is sadly common).
- Tons and tons of wire coils, some in the open, some in yellow toolboxes.
- Tanks of water, firefighting foam, and welding fuel.
- A single firesuit and air tank, which the three engineers apparently share.
- A couple of firefighting foam grenades.
- A cell charger, plus a few cells on another table because engineers aren't that dumb.
- Sheets of reinforced glass and metal, for repairing the reinforced windows and reinforced walls of the station...or just building a impenetrable space tree fort in the Bar.
There is no vent. That's apparently one of the things these black hole engineers don't find useful.
The APC for this room is in the bottom right corner, near the rack.
Engineering Tool Storage is where Chiron Outpost's Engineering people keep their Engineering things when they're busy doing Engineering business in the Engineering sector. Expect this to get looted fairly often; there's not much of a public Tool Storage room besides the general manufacturer near the Gym, and there's plenty of useful stuff here, like the ever-coveted insulated gloves, sheets of glass and metal, toolboxes of many colors, a few emergency oxygen closets, and firefighting suits and grenades.
There is no vent.
The APC for this area is in the maintenance tunnel right of here.
When Engineers prepare for underwater geothermal work under the seafloor, they go to the Engineering Storage room on the southernmost end of Engineering. Here, on the racks they can find flippers, magboots, extra breath masks, and diving suits and helmets. In the lockers, among many other things, they can find toolbelts. And, on the table, near a random TermOS terminal, they can find a vase with pretty flowers. Lovely!
There is no vent. Diving suits and flowers don't need vents.
The APC for this room is towards the top right, near the entrance into the area with SMES units.
The hoard. Possibly the biggest of them all.
Aside from maintaining the power grid, Engineers are also expected to fight fires and repair and fix any structural damage to the NSS Manta. That's why the Engineering Storage Room on the east/starboard side of Engineering, near EVA and Escape, has oodles and oodles of tools, materials, and other supplies essential for fire-fighting, construction, deconstruction, and reconstruction.
It consists of two rooms, both of which are referred as "Engineering Storage". One has mostly tools and construction supplies, while the other has equipment and other things that are generally worn.
The Tools & Construction Supplies Room
One room is a horizontally-oriented room that contains lots of items painstakingly arranged in neat little rows by the mapmaker. There's one portion of this room where the only thing between it and the main hallway is a reinforced table; some people disassemble that table and steal the supplies within.
On the center table, there's:
- Three varieties of toolboxes, with different contents in each type, in mechanical blue, electrical yellow, and emergency red.
- A stack of utility belts.
- Loads of extinguishers.
- A box of wire.
- Many flashlights and emergency glowsticks.
- Several hand-held tanks of welding fuel.
Meanwhile, around the walls are:
- High-visibility vests.
- Two energy-shield generators.
- A welding supplies locker with welders and welding masks.
- A few T-Ray scanners.
- Some multitools.
- Several pairs of insulated gloves. Expect these to go "missing" quite often.
- Another stack of utility belts.
- A few stacks of metal sheets, both regular and reinforced.
- A few stacks of reinforced glass sheets.
- Some metal foam grenades.
- Some earmuffs.
- A tank dispenser.
- A General Manufacturer for making some of the items here.
- A high-capacity canister of air mix.
- A tank with 4000 units of welding fuel.
- A stack of metal rods.
- A Vendomat.
The Equipment Room
The other room below the horizontal room contains fire-fighting supplies, diving suit sets, and radiation gear. More specifically, it has:
- On each of the racks on the right:
- On each of the racks on the left:
- Fire-fighting closets, which can randomly have a firesuit, extinguisher, gas mask, and/or fire medkit.
- Radiation supplies closets in the old perspective, each with a set of Class II rad gear and potassium iodide in various forms.
- A second high-capacity canister of air mix.
- A tank of fire-fighting foam.
There is no vent. There wasn't space.
Though there are two sub-rooms, this area is still controlled by one APC, which is by the center table in the room with all the construction supplies and tools.