Royal play room.
This regally-decorated room on the right side of the ship between the HoP Office and Manta is the Captain's Office. Just as the Captain can do a few important things but otherwise can just play around, their office has a few important items, but mostly has a lot of fun toys to play with.
The important bits include:
- A Communications Console, for Calling the Escape Shuttle when the ship is full of hull breaches, has more dead than living people due to rampagers, or otherwise becomes too unsafe to work or live in.
- An ID computer, so the Captain can change the access levels on people's ID cards when the Head of Personnel isn't around.
- Some stationary for forms and such, including a special Captain's stamp.
The fun toys outnumber all the important stuff by far, and they include:
- A display case with an replica antique laser gun. With some work, it's possible to make the replica into a real thing.
- A ship in the bottle. Mostly stands there and looks pretty. Sometimes, someone has to destroy it in the name of the Syndicate.
- A camera and photo album, for taking pictures of interesting things.
- An Announcement Computer for making important declarations, like asking for more toilet paper.
- A phone for making calls. Prank calls.
- A hand tele, which creates portals to whatever location the machinery in the Teleporter room is locked to. Could be used as a escape device, assuming the pursuer somehow doesn't go through the portal themself, but is more apt for quick travel.
There is no vent. Like the Captain, that fan is mostly for show and doesn't really do anything.
The APC for this room is in the top left, near the display case.