Syndicate Assault Vessel
|Syndicate Assault Vessel|
Evil red boat
External Airlocks: Anyone with an agent card
Please be aware of the special guidelines regarding this facility.
What's worse than having a Syndicate military outpost so close to the ship/station? How about a Syndicate Assault Vessel trailing south of the NSS Manta, just a screen length or two behind the Aft beacon below Engineering? Mind you, it's still just a staging post for minor operations, but when the Syndicate aren't even trying to masquerade their warships as weird merchants or anything, you know how heated relations between the Syndicate and NanoTrasen are.
While the doors inside can be opened by anybody, you need an agent card to enter and exit the airlocks facing the outside. These airlocks are resistant to RCDs and door-hacking, so you're gonna have to be a little more creative than that to get inside...
So what's beyond these airlocks with all these extra security measures? Basically, a miniature version of some of the stuff the Manta has, a distillation of it if you will. Going from top to bottom:
- A cockpit, a bridge if you will, with evil red and black computers, including a dressed up announcement computer. The room below has C.A.R.L., a robot merchant who buys game trophies taken from Captains and Security personnel and sells lots of unique equipment, including some high-explosive torpedos. Interesting.
- An atrium with a side room containing a telepad to the Syndicate Battlecruiser. Nuclear Operatives who use their Syndicate Teleporter Remote on the cruiser's telepad end up here, and vice versa.
- Two torpedo rooms. No torpedoes in them though. Sad.
- A small dining area, complete with a red coffeemaker that looks suspiciously like the one in the Manta's Brig. Except it keeps murmuring something about free-market economics. What's the deal with that?
- Four rather spartan dorms with bright red beds (naturally) and crimson lockers with blood red space suits.
- A command room for devising evil plans, complete with a floating hologram of Abzu, the planet you're on.
- A small medical bay. Not a lot of meds here, but there is an operating table and some surgery tools in case someone needs to conduct an operation. The medical kind, not the military kind. Although...
- A miniature brig and an...interrogation area. Don't ask too much about the blood stains, or there'll be new ones you won't be able to ask about.
- A bathroom. Perhaps the most forbidden bathroom of them all...
- A small maintenance area, with furnaces and SMES units. Due to the way this map area is coded, it doesn't really need them, but they have to be put somewhere, right?