A turtle without a shell.
While Sylvester the turtle wears red, the Sea Turtle wears yellow and grey as a mining vessel docked to the right/starboard of the NSS Manta. To enter it, go to the maintenance area to the right of Sub Bay (Starboard) and find a small, unassuming glass hallway with a view of the sea; if you see by a grungy table and a seed vendor, you're very close by. There are also external airlocks on the aft/south and starboard/right sides of the ship, and minisubs and similar vehicles can reach it via the "Sea Turtle beacon".
Everyone is free to roam the halls, but the rooms within are access-restricted. In addition to vaguely resembling an actual turtle, this vessel functions as the on-ship base for the Mining crew. As such, it contains some facilities related to their job functions:
- A refinery area, simply called "Mining", where ore can sorted, refined, and allocated for various purposes. There is also a "experimental long range teleporter" that connects the ship to the Tunnel Snake Mining Rig in the Trench.
- A dorms and equipment room, confusingly also called "Mining". The cabinets and lockers in each dorm room contain one set of starting gear for each Miner. This is also where the Miners' pet rock worm, Gary, lives.
- A hangar for a fleet of four mining minisubs, called "Submarine Bay (Mining)" in accordance to the naming scheme of sub bays on the Manta.
There are also a few other facilities not necessarily related to mining.
- A naval bridge for the Sea Turtle, plainly named "Sea Turtle Bridge". As the mining ship cannot actually move on its own, this area is instead for monitoring its various systems.
- A "Janitor's Supply Closet", a sort of outpost for the Janitor, to cut down on trips to the main janitor office.
- A room full of furnaces, rather curiously called "Boiler Room", despite the lack of visible boilers. Because the power grid of the Sea Turtle is connected to the one on the Manta, the furnaces here can supply electricity to the ship if needed, e.g. the singularity engine is sabotaged, and vice versa.
- A storage area with building supplies name after their purpose, "Construction". While it lacks the sheer volume of materials of Engineering Storage, it makes up for it with unique, hard-to-find tools, including some ABC-U units and an floor-and-wall planner.
- An huge grey expanse named "Under Construction". There is nothing here besides the traffic cones and an APC, making it ideal for construction projects one wishes to keep out of the way.
Before this ship was another craft also named after a reptile called the Tunnel Snake Mining Rig.