SS13 Wiki:Current events
Let's get meta, because this page is for documenting pages that need love and hard work from readers like you to become better. It's the true sequel to Outdated Pages and intends for the same levels of collaboration and communication and more accessibility. Brush up your markup and take a gander at the Guide to Contributing to Wikistation, because it's time for some wiki magic.
A Word for the Anxious
Don't feel too pressured to add info ASAP. Good pages and entries take hard work, dedication, and, more importantly, multiple revisions. If you come in looking for a quick way out and try to learn everything you need in one round for the sake of some wiki page, you'll just end up frustrated, unhappy, and stuck with a terrible draft. Take your time. It can wait. It can always wait.
Things that people often wish had wiki documentation. And rightfully they wish, because having documentation would be a great big help.
- Style and Grammar: Writing is communication, and you can't communicate well in writing without good grammar and clear prose. It's especially important for tutorials and the Getting Started page. Be sure to mark them as minor edits as courtesy.
- Instruments: It's fun to play instruments! It's not fun to make them! There are eight recipes, and technically, none of them are secret, but their creator does want people to discover them on their own. If you do find a recipe, add hints for it to the current table.
- Ore Processing: A highly neglected system that needs more love. Give it some by finding and writing about its redeeming qualities. Or, if you can't, by fact-checking the list of properties, describing how material properties affect each craftables, and maybe adding some new uses and material reccomendations.
- Foods and Drinks: Food buffs! They're rather minor, but they're interesting and unique enough to warrant wiki documentation. Just gathering data for what foods give what buffs is good enough. You post them on a Google doc/pastebin/whatever, and we can discuss how to format them on the talk page.
- Powering the station: Surely, there's a better way of explaining the TEG than with maps with subtly inconsistent varieties of parts and numberings.
- While you're pondering that, perhaps you should also look into adapting this fellow's TEG guides for Clarion and Destiny.
- It'd also be great if there were more thorough examples of the techniques described in Overlapping Hotspots.
- Armory: Update and verify the contents of Cog2, Clarion, Destiny, and Oshan's armories.
- Horizon: Add pictures of Horizon's locations, a short intro/history/description of the map, the date it was introduced, and any new features it has, as well as the many tabs for Horizon versions of the various locations.
Good to have this info, but no one's round is going to be ruined just because there isn't there.
- Changelog: Copying and pasting changelog updates and formatting for the wiki (which usually just entails more copying and pasting).
- Being A Better Traitor: Space American Football Kit could use some tips. Surely, there's a few tricks or good tips for using them.
- Maintenance Info: Many pages are missing locations of APCs, power wires, and air hookup vents/injectors (if applicable). Obviously, someone should add them, seeing as some of them can be in some rather strange locations.
- Motives: Most people don't have much trouble with them, but it's worth explaining the weird irregularities and highlighting some of the lesser-known ways of increasing/decreasing certain motives.
- Chemistry: Space ipecac deserves an entry. Determine its depletion rate, its chance of inducing vomiting, its chance of causing food poisoning, and any other properties besides making people vomit. (Does it increase depletion rate of other chems, for example?)
- Also, it still needs a hint for aconite. Probably. It's pretty easy to make some with botany now, but there might be a means for making it.
- While you're pondering that, consider adding some of the many, many obscure non-secret chems that are rarely found.
- Be sure to determine whether or not it's an unlisted secret chemical or not.
- Roleplay Tips and Tricks: Can always use more RP tips.
- Guide to writing: Would be great to see some requisition form, menu, prescription, etc. templates for all the lovely RP and bureaucracy fans.
- Doctoring: Explain what blood clots actually do. Here's a start: Proconvertin can sometimes give you the Blood Clots ailment.
- Critters/Spacebux: Document what sort of critters are possible with Alt. Ghost Critters
- Space Pod: Confirm the stated crew capacities of engineering and mining minisubs.
- Contraband: Add in any contraband items the big chart might have missed.
- TermOS: Supposedly, it's possible to set the Buddies to heckle or arrest a specific person. If so, what are the commands? Also, do GuardBuddies share the criminal database used by securitrons?
- Foods and Drinks: Add Curacao and recipes for the Blue Lagoon and Blue Hawaiian cocktails (IntDweller note: I tried making Blue Hawaiian, but couldn't? Strange stuff). Add Old Fashioned glasses.
- Guide to Genetics: Add Night Vision's stability cost.
- Traits: Add any other benefits conferred by Security Training
- Syndicate Items/Nuclear Operative: Confirm whether or not syndicate command armor still spawns in the Syndicate Shuttle
- Wraith: Verify if Decay can emag cyborgs.
- Engineering Objects: Find out if controlled demolition pipes can be emagged.
Fun things everybody loves. Everyone adores them when they're there, but if they're gone or missing, nobody complains.
- Supplementary Info & Galleries: Everyone loves them. They add a great touch of humor that no words can express and really add character to a page like a really good rug. Shame they're rather hard to find.
- Updated Map Images: Some map locations get extra additions after their images are uploaded, like extra cyborg docks, security scanners, and completely new machines and equipment. Update their images to include those.
- Annotated Maps: Maps of, well, station maps with important rooms labeled. Currently, we want ones for:
Sprites wanted. Wanted sprites. Sprites that are wanted (by the wiki). The sprites that get a sad, sad TBA for their image.
- Foods and Drinks: Sprites for the drinks Blue Lagoon and Blue Hawaiian.