|Cogmap2 · Cogmap1 · Destiny · Clarion · Oshan Laboratory · Horizon · Atlas · Kondaru · Donut 3|
Horizon is one of the five ship-themed maps currently in rotation, well-known for its sleek, missile-like layout. It was designed by then mentor Warcimes, formerly known as john_warcrimes, and ported over by Haine as a semi-tongue-in-cheek horizontal map with a variety of fun little gimmicks and touches, like an extensive transit system based on glorified disposal chutes, an on-station nuclear bomb, and, most popularly, hot loop pipes that go under the pool.
Feel free to report any flaws in this flying offense to common sense through this Github bug tracker or the in-game bug-reporter in the top right of the game screen.
February 4, 2019 to Present
Horizon was the first station to:
- Fully utilize the widescreen perspective. Many rooms look much better when the display's on widescreen than on square.
- Abandon the mail chute system for a full-fledged transport chute system.
- Experiment with a cargo delivery system based on pipes.
- Place the nuclear charge on the station, rather than on a off-station outpost.
- Include emergency pod fabs in certain pod bays.
- Separate the burn chamber from Engineering (and the old Plasma Research area before it was removed) for safer, longer-lasting burns that hopefully don't fill the station with gas hotter than a star.
- Combine a bar into the Gym, producing a Fitness Center/Sports Bar area.
- Integrate a lounge/bar into Artifact Lab, producing the Artifact Lounge.
- Have a courtroom with floor flushers, complete with funny names for the various possible verdicts.
- Place the AI Chamber into its own, independent power grid, rather than giving its own sort of substation.
A Brief History
In November 2019, Horizon received a major revamp. First, part of the Clown Station Ruins collided into the former Escape Arm, leading to a new Escape area in the northeast and the old version being closed off. Hydroponics also suffered some damage, and a different part of the ruins smashed into the North Electrical Substation and surrounding areas, somehow merging with it. The Testing Asteroid also drifted significantly closer to the moored ship. Then, the Research Sector was redesigned: its Plasma Research area was phased out, the Artifact Lounge and Chemistry lab were remodeled and streamlined, and a new Tool Storage and Pod Hangar were created.
In December 2019, there was another surprising new development: the NCS Atlas collided into the NSS Horizon while attempting to dock! The Med-Sci Nacelle of the Horizon was severed from the ship, and her Arrivals and Crematorium suffered minor damage. Meanwhile, the Atlas had suffered worse: her Bridge was wrecked, with the Captain's Quarters in shambles, and the Toxins and Pathology Research labs were in shoddy shape. Even more surprising; despite all this, both ships were surprisingly intact! Most of the other major areas of both ships were still functional, and several new walkways of admittingly questionable structural integrity were built to link the two.
Eventually, by January 2020, the NCS Atlas was able to successfully separate. The links between the two ships were removed, and the NSS Horizon repaired most of the damage, resulting in the ship you now know today!
|This page is under construction.|
The following information may be incomplete.
Dedicated gallery of map images soon to come!
|Mining · Mechanics||Customs||Janitor's||Bridge · Chapel||Medical||Research|
|Courtroom||Hydroponics||Kitchen · Bar||Security||Cargo|