Monkeys are most commonly found as NPCs aboard the station, most of which reside in genetics pen and (oddly enough) vending machines in chemistry and the kitchen, but they can be controlled by players. They used to show up in the game mode bearing their namesake, where they were viral in nature and existed to infect humans. This game mode was
sadly discontinued because it was shit. It is possible to become a monkey through genetic alteration, but also through the abilities of the changeling, the whims of admins, and rare allergic reactions.
Being a Monkey
Being small and hairy is not all fun and games. The are some things to keep in mind:
- Monkeys can understand humans just fine, but the same can't be said for their speech. Your primary means of communication will likely be paper and PDA messages.
- While monkeys can technically wear jumpsuits and exosuits, they cannot usually equip such clothing themselves and many items will fall right off. That means that without a helping hand or a pair of gym shorts, your storage space will be limited to a backpack. Other item slots and the hands have no restrictions.
- Even though it is a jerk move to attack other players without an excuse, monkeys are usually considered fair game. Since monkeys are frequently a changeling in disguise, people are likely to attack them on sight.
- Likewise, synthetics generally don't include monkeys in their definition of "human". A malicious AI or cyborg may decide to ruin your day.
Abilities and Restrictions
- Can move over tables as well as racks unimpeded and hide under the former by clicking on them with a free hand. Once enabled, hiding will make you move under some other objects like clothing, chairs and pipes too.
- Monkeys tend to be hard to hit due to their smaller sprite and ability to move over or under tables.
- It is important that you acquire footwear. Without a pair of shoes, exposure to cold will quickly chill monkeys to the slowest movement speed.
- Monkeys should also avoid jumping into space, because they can't put protective clothing on unassisted.
- Last but not least, a superb selection of fart messages. A true monkeys will only communicate through farts and rude gestures.
|Jobs on Space Station 13|
Staff Assistant - Chef - Barman - Chaplain - Janitor - Botanist - Clown
Engineer - Mechanic - Miner - Quartermaster
| Medical & Research:|
Medical Doctor - Geneticist - Roboticist - Scientist
| Command & Security:|
Security Officer - Detective - Chief Engineer - Medical Director - Research Director - Head of Security - Head of Personnel - Captain
| Antagonist Roles:|
Changeling - Nuclear Operative - Traitor - Wizard - Vampire - Spy - Gangster - Werewolf - Predator
| Special Roles:|
Artificial Intelligence - Cyborg - Monkey - Ghost - Cluwne - Zombie